Governor's Transportation Program
(Click on bill number for complete text, co-patrons, bill status and other information)
HB 1248 (Lingamfelter/Rust) – Provisions include:
• Sales Tax: Increases transportation's share from 0.5% to 0.75%
• General Fund Revenue Growth: Dedicates 1% of growth above 5% to transportation.
• Surplus Revenues: Increases transportation share to 75%
• Transportation Improvement Districts: CTB can create districts wherein 25% of growth in state tax revenues attributable to a transportation project goes to Transportation Trust Fund.
• Local transportation plans must be consistent with the Statewide Transportation Plan and Six-Year Improvement Program.
• Localities terminating or amending projects for which state or federal funds have been spent must repay amount spent or fund cost of changes.
• Creation of the Virginia Toll Road Authority to oversee construction, operation and maintenance of toll roads.
• CTB can sell naming rights to transportation infrastructure. Proceeds to Highway and Maintenance Operation Fund.
• Secretary of Transportation shall work with localities to develop proposal for devolving secondary roads to localities for consideration during 2013 session.
• Secretary of Transportation shall, with Northern Virginia localities, study issues surrounding creation of Northern Virginia Metropolitan Planning Organization.
HB 601 (LeMunyon) – Codifies Virginia’s seat on WMATA board of directors and establishes qualification for board appointments.
HB 252 (May) - Increases Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Board of Directors from 13-17 with two additional seats to Virginia, one to MD and one to DC.
HB 1183 (Cosgrove/Purkey) – Ports of Virginia promotion and reform.